Article provided by: Firefly Autism
ABA therapy, or Applied Behavior Analysis performed by Firefly Autism School in the Denver, Colorado area is a scientifically proven method of creating positive solutions and outcomes in the lives of people with autism. ABA therapy, performed in Denver, Colorado by professionals at Firefly Autism, applies knowledge and understanding of how behavior works to real-world situations. The aim is to increase behaviors that will help the child succeed in life and decrease behaviors that are negatively affect learning.
Each child receiving ABA services is assigned to a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) who leads the assessment, guides the treatment, and provides ongoing training and supervision to Behavioral Technicians who collect continuous session data, implement teaching procedures, and run behavior plans. All employees receive ongoing training and professional development in Applied Behavior Analysis and related topics.
ABA therapy Denver Services begin with an intake process that will include:
1) participating in parent-only interview and training at Firefly with one of our BCBA’s
2) home/community visit for child observation and/or interaction from one of our BCBA’s
3) BCBA provides initial clinical recommendations regarding further assessment and treatment
ABA Services can include some or all of the following components:
- Comprehensive or Focused ABA Assessment
- Curriculum Development
- Behavior Plan Development
- School Collaboration
- Ongoing in-home ABA therapy (Comprehensive vs Focused)
- Ongoing ABA therapy delivered in community settings (e.g. extracurricular activities, daycare)
- Parent Training
- Training to other providers
Any child who receives ABA services from Firefly must first complete the online referral form. The referral form gives Firefly the information needed to determine next steps.
Denver Metro ABA Therapy
Firefly Autism offers Home & Community Based ABA Services to families in the Denver Metro Area and makes every attempt to service families in far-reaching areas where our services are not as commonly provided or will provide referral sources to help ensure all families who are seeking services are able to access the services that they need.Aba Therapy Denver
View Larger Map